Requirements for the Girl Scout Silver Award:
• Submit Notice of Intent.
• Register and attend mandatory education workshop once you have started working on grade level Journey.
• Complete and earn the awards from one grade level Journey.
• Review and use the Girl Scout Silver Award Guidelines as a reference.
• Select a Take Action project that addresses a need in the community, provides service to non-Girl Scouts, and is not something
you have worked on previously.
• Complete the Final Report from GSCB’s Silver Award Workbook (August 2012) when the project is completed.
• Final Reports should be completed by individual girls based on their own experience through the project.
• Project completion and Final Reports must be in the council office by September 30, 2013 to be included in the On My Honor Celebration.
Girl Scout Silver Award Educations
Girl Scout Cadettes (Grades 6–8)
When a Girl Scout Cadette has almost completed a Cadette Journey (MEdia!, Amaze! or Breathe) she must attend this mandatory workshop. This workshop will walk the girl and her mentor through the steps of achieving her Girl Scout Silver Award.
WHEN: Please visit our Cadette calendar page often for upcoming confirmed educations.
WHERE: Locations throughout the Delmarva Peninsula.
COST: $10 per girl.
NOTE: Includes workbook. Adult mentors should also attend this session. Min 12/Max 24.
Girls earning the Girl Scout Silver Award will receive their awards at the annual On My Honor Ceremony.
This year's event will be December 1, 2013. Visit our On My Honor page for more details.