Take a minute to close your eyes and take a deep breath. Imagine yourself on a sandy beach watching the sun set over the water. Tomorrow you will have the opportunity to go out on that water with new friends in a sailboat for the first time in your life. Memorable moments like these happen at summer camp every day and can change a girl for a lifetime.
The benefits of Girl Scout Summer Camp are endless - new friends, independence, working with others, and exploring nature just to name a few. Yet for many girls the opportunity to attend camp is financially out of reach for their families. Some parents just need us to meet them part way, while for others any amount is too much. With your help, we can make the dream of summer camp possible for girls this summer! Please click here to make an immediate impact through your donation to the Campership Fund.
Parents and guardians are unable to afford summer camp for their girls for a variety of reasons, but common trends over the past years include:
- Parents living on a much tighter budget due to unemployment. Those who are unable to find work or are underemployed and unable
to afford the extras like they could at one time.
- Grandparents or other relatives taking care of related children due to drug addiction, incarceration or military deployment of a parent(s).
- Single mothers and fathers who are struggling to take care of their families on one salary.
- Financial constraints due to health issues.
We are all familiar with the results of stress on adults, but often don’t consider the needs of children living in similar situations.
Often, these are the girls who could most benefit from some time away from the tensions at home provided by summer camp.
Your gift to the Campership Fund will allow a girl to Discover herself through the camp experience, Connect with others and nature,
and to Take Action to make the world a better place. Through wonderful friends like you, Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay can continue to make a difference in the lives of the girls. We thank you!
Yours in Girl Scouting,
Anne T. Hogan
Chief Executive Officer
- $125 – Sends one girl to our volunteer run day camp for one week.
- $200 – Sends a girl to Day Camp for a week.
- $375 – Sends a girl to Resident Camp for one week.
- $750 – Sends two girls to Resident Camp for one week.
- $855 – Sponsors three girls to attend our four day resident camp.
- $1,500 – Sponsors five girls to attend camp and participate in fun, engaging
hands-on activities involving science, technology, engineering and math.
Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay is a 501 (C) 3 nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.