The Board of Directors for Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay meets six times per year to set strategic direction for the council, ensure that GSCB has the necessary resources and provide oversight when necessary.
At the most recent Board of Directors meeting on October 18, 2017 they discussed the following agenda items:
1. Proposals from National Council Session
- Proposal 1: Reduce the size of the National Board by reducing the number of members at large from 25 to 15. This proposal did not pass.
- Proposal 2: Establish the National Board Development Committee as a committee of the National Board. This proposal did not pass.
- Proposal 3: Amend the credentials section of the Blue Book related to lifetime membership dues. This proposal passed. The Blue Book has been amended to state that Lifetime members pay $400 lifetime membership dues at the time they become lifetime members; discounted lifetime membership dues of $200 shall be offered to anyone who was a registered Girl Scout member before the age of 18 and is under the age of 30 at the time of becoming a lifetime member.
2. Juliette Gordon Low Society
- Our council has been selected to participate in a movement-wide challenge, issued by Dianne Belk (Founding Chair of the Juliette Gordon Low Society) and her husband Lawrence Calder. Councils who succeed in this challenge will receive a planned gift of $10,000. The Juliette Gordon Low Society was established to thank and honor friends of Girl Scouting who choose to make Girl Scouts part of their legacies and a beneficiary of their estate plans.