Girl Scout volunteers are a special brand of volunteer. These incredible women (and men!) generously give their time to mentor and inspire girls throughout the Delmarva Peninsula with a little bit of patience, a lot of love and deep dedication to the Girl Scout mission. They know how important it is to give girls the tools to become leaders in their own lives and discover the world around them.
From organizing service projects to camp-outs and travel experiences girls will never forget, out Girl Scout volunteers give their all to help girls thrive. There are not enough words to express how important volunteers are to Girl Scouts. Without their commitment to unleashing the the G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker, Leader)TM in every girl, we couldn't and wouldn't be the largest girls' leadership organization in the wold.
Join us in celebrating our amazing volunteers this April during National Volunteer Month, National Volunteer Week (April 23-29) and on Girl Scout Leader's Day, April 22. We hope you'll take a moment to say thank you to the Girl Scout volunteer who made a difference in your life.
Here are just a few ways to say thank you:
- Make something. Who doesn't love a homemade gift from the heart? Show your favorite Girl Scout volunteer just how much they mean to you and get creative. They'll love it!
- Give a shout out on social media. Broadcast from the rooftops how amazing and special this volunteer is! Be sure to include why this volunteer (or volunteers!) is so special, and include the hashtag #NVW2017 to call out during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29.
- Write a letter. Heartfelt words about how special they are mean the world. You can send the letter to them, or send it to your local newspaper to tell everyone how wonderful they are! Need a little inspiration? Check out this letter Girl Scouts put together for all of the amazing volunteers.
- Pick out a special gift from The Bay Shops. We have so much cool Girl Scout swag: shirts, bags, jewelry, pins... you'll find that perfect gift for the Girl Scout volunteer in your life!
- Send an eCard. Is your Girl Scout volunteer a digital guru? Get innovative and send them a personalized eCard! It's easy. Just pick out your favorite G.I.R.L. design, type their name and share the card on social media or through email. Get started!
- Have your girls decide. Girl Scouts is girl-led, after all. Ask your girls how they want to say thank you to their leaders, and follow their lead! There are so many great ways to say thank you. Check out these 25 ideas from our sisters from Girl Scouts of San Jacinto.
Thank you to all of our Girl Scout volunteers who give so much to support the girls. We love you! Not a Girl Scout volunteer yet? It's not too late to embark on this incredible adventure! If you're looking for ways to make a powerful, lasting impact on girls in your community, we'd love to chat. Learn more about becoming a Girl Scout volunteer!