Not ready to register online?
Visit our forms page for the electronic forms to submit to council.
800-341-4007 x7183 or 302-456-7161
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
**It has come to our attention that Personify works best when used with Internet Explorer - up to version 9. If using Windows 8/Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer must be used in "Compatibility Mode". (click here to learn how to change this mode in IE.)**
There are several tutorials on how to use the different functions within Personify. The tutorials are listed below:
Features for Troop Leaders
- Manage your troop members’ contact information.
- Communicate with troop members using e-mail from within the system.
- Print membership cards for troop members.
- Create and print a troop roster.
- Re-register your troop.
- Register troop members for program events.
Features for Individuals
- Keep your contact information up-to-date.
- Register online for program events, resident camp and adult learning courses.
- Pay your annual membership dues and print your membership card.
Features for Parents/Guardians
- Keep your daughter’s contact information up-to-date.
- Register her online for program events and resident camp.
- Pay her annual membership dues and print her membership card.
- Make a donation to Girl Scouts of the Chesapeake Bay.
Personify Q &A
Customer Profile Management
- Q. The site isn’t recognizing my email address, so I can’t activate my account.
- A. This is because you probably don’t have an email address in our system. You will need to call our help desk staff, and provide your email address. They will open your record and add it to your record. After that, you’ll be able to activate your account.
- Q. I forgot my username and password. What should I do?
- A. The “Forgot User Name?” and “Forgot Password?” links on the login page allow you to set up a new user name and password. If that doesn’t work, you will need to call our help desk staff, who will manually reset your password.
- Q. I’m trying to create a profile but it says a duplicate customer already exists.
What should I do?
- A. You may be trying to create a profile when you already have a customer record in our system. If you already have a customer record, you should click the “Activate Account” link on the log-in page. To activate your account, you must have an email address of file in our system. If you do not have an email address on file in our system, you will need to call our help desk staff, who will open your record and add your email address to your record. After that, you’ll be able to activate your account.
- Q. I forgot my user name and am trying to reset it, but the system is not accepting my answer to the hint question.
- A. You will need to call our help desk staff, who will create a temporary password for you. After you log in, be sure to create a new password from the “My Account” link.
- Q. I am a member and so are both my daughters. Do I have to activate separate accounts for each of us?
- A. Yes, you will have to activate an account for each Girl Scout member in your family. You will also have to log in as each member to register her or update her customer file.
- Q. I submitted my membership registration and money to my service unit registrar weeks ago and she said she turned it in to the council office. The system still says I haven’t renewed my membership.
- A. We may not have processed your registration in our system yet. As soon as we do, you’ll see your up to date membership information online.
- Q. I don’t see a girl in my troop. She says she is already re-registered.
- A. If she renewed online, she probably was in a different troop last year and is still sitting in that troop. You will need to call or email your Service Unit Registrar with the girl’s name, old troop number and new troop number in order to transfer her. The Service Unit Registrar will forward the information to the council registrar for processing. If she submitted her registration via hard copy, the registration form may not have been processed yet.
- Q. I’m a leader. When I try to access my troop online, the system won’t let me.
- A. You must be identified as a leader within the system in order to access your troop online. You probably have not been given this position yet in the system. Contact one of our council registrars to research your situation.
- Q. The site says my daughter does not have any active memberships when she does and I don’t see the option to renew like the leader said I’d see. What’s going on?
- A. You likely created a profile for her instead of activating her existing account. This makes her a new customer with no history. This can easily be fixed by having you activate her existing account. If you need additional assistance, contact our help desk staff, for assistance.
- Q. I get financial assistance for my daughter’s registration. Can I still register online?
- A. No. The only payment methods accepted online are credit and debit cards. You’ll need to submit a hard copy of the registration form, along with the financial assistance request form, to your Troop Leader/Service Unit Registrar.
- Q. I’m a leader but can’t access my Troop online.
- A. It likely means you haven’t yet been assigned the position of leader in our system yet. Contact one of our council registrars to research your situation.
- Q. I don’t see some of the other volunteers on the Troop list, like the co-leader or
the cookie dad.
- A. Most likely, the council registrars have not entered or confirmed their position codes in the system yet. Until then, these members will show up with a position of “14.”
- Q. How can I update a girl’s address and phone number online? They are incorrect in
- A. From “Troop Maintenance,” click the girl’s name in the troop list. From there, you will see you are managing the girl record. Make the edits and then save your changes by clicking the computer disk icon in the upper right hand tool bar.
- Q. A girl doesn’t show up on my troop list She said she already re-registered online by renewing her membership.
- A. She likely was in a different troop last year. When you renew online, you must renew to the same troop. You will need to call or email your Service Unit Registrar with the girl’s name, old troop number and new troop number in order to transfer her. The Service Unit Registrar will forward the information to the council registrar for processing.
- Q. I no longer see the girls in my troop. What happened? I still need to re-register some girls.
- A. The troop list only shows active members. At the end of the membership year, all members not reregistered drop off the list. That is why we underscore the importance of completing online membership renewals prior to the end of the membership year. You will either need to have the parent/guardian complete a paper copy of the registration form and submit it to your Service Unit Registrar who will forward to the council office OR have the parent go on line and register her daughter herself.
- Q. How do I add a girl who was in a different troop last year?
- A. Please ask the girl’s parents/guardians to renew their daughter’s membership. You will need to call or email your Service Unit Registrar with the girl’s name, old troop number and new troop number in order to transfer her. The Service Unit Registrar will forward the information to the council registrar for processing.
- Q. I don’t see a girl’s school in the list online and therefore can’t complete the registration. What should I do?
- A. We will have to add the school to our school listing so that you can complete the registration. You cannot add it yourself. For now, please use the “not reported” option and then contact the council registrar with the complete name of the school that needs to be added.
- Q. Can I make another adult a co-leader of the troop? Her current position is 14 – member,
no defined position.
- A. No. While adults are able to enter their position code as part of the registration process, the position codes are confirmed by the Volunteer Services Manager. You can call your SU registrar for assistance.
- Q. I have a girl who was in another troop last year. Should I add her as new from the
- A. No. She should re-register herself in her old troop and then you will need to contact your Service Unit Registrar with the girl’s name, old troop number and new troop number in order to transfer her. The Service Unit Registrar will forward the information to the council registrar for processing. This will help ensure a duplicate record isn’t created for the girl.
- Q. I’m trying to add a new member, but it says a duplicate customer exists. Can I continue?
- A. You will need to contact the council registrar with the information on the individual you are trying to enter so your situation can be researched.
- Q. I entered a few new members yesterday but I don’t see them on the list today.
- A. New members will drop off the list after 24 hours if payment for their registration isn’t processed successfully.
Troop Leader's Workbook
2016 Member Registration Summary
Online Membership Renewal
Submitting Volunteer Positions