Why become an Inclusive Leader?
- Develop and practice leadership skills that will set you apart on college or job applications
- Businesses, corporations, organizations, etc. are seeking knowledgable DEI-focused individuals for new positions
- This program on your resumé is sure to get you noticed!
- You will create and have access to an increasing number of opportunities to make a difference in DEI education, starting right here by ensuring your Girl Scouts sisters always feel safe and valued in the Girl Scout space.
- Your network here in the Delmarva Peninsula and beyond will become your most valuable tool as you enter the workforce. Start building it now among your fellow leaders!
- Hours towards your Service to Girl Scouts Bar.
- Receive a special DEI Together Pin designed exclusively for Peer Trainers.
What is the Inclusive Leadership program?
- Meet in-person with a DEI expert who will teach you how to deliver a presentation on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Connect with troops and service units throughout our council to deliver the presentation.
- Come together via Zoom multiple times throughout the year to share experiences with your fellow leaders, do further exploration into DEI subject matter, and seek feedback with the dedicated support of DEI expert consultant, Chanta Wilkinson.
Who can be an Inclusive Leader?
Girl Scouts who are eligible to be part of the Inclusive Leadershi program must be:
- A registered Girl Scout for the 2022-23 membership year
- Age 14+
- Be an Ambassador, Senior, bridging Cadette, or recent alum attending post-grad education within the council
- Able to attend an in-person event on January 28th from 9AM - 12:30PM and at least 4 out 6 Zoom sessions throughout the year
- Willing to practice advocacy and presentation skills, and take initiative in sharing their expertise with their peers
View GSCB Inclusive Leadership Program Roles and Responsibilities
This program is made possible by grant funding from Dupont and in partnership with the Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement and Chanta Wilkinson Consulting.